We are hiring new student research assistants and tutors. Apply now!
Paper accepted at CCS 2023: Assume but Verify: Deductive Verification of Leaked Information in Concurrent Applications
General Thesis Requirements
- All reports, documentations, and communications with the mentor are in English.
- When sending us a thesis-inquiry, please also attach your transcript.
- We will give you an initial assignment to assess your skills and background to find a suitable topic for you. You have to finish the assignment in 2 weeks. The initial assessment includes:
- Questions about the theoretical foundation
- An implementation task
- A reproduction study
- Please inform us timely if you decide to write your thesis with others so that the topic is not blocked.
- After being qualified for a thesis topic, you have to give an introductory talk in 2 weeks in our group seminar (the audience includes Prof. Beyer and other members of SoSy-Lab).
- You have to meet the mentor regularly (weekly or biweekly) to report your progress using the protocol below:
- What have you achieved since the last meeting?
- What were the challenges, and how did you solve them?
- What are your next steps?
- Meetings and presentations typically happen in the presence.
- You must rehearse the introductory talk and final presentation with the mentor.
- The mentor will review your code; resolving the issues is part of your thesis work.
- You have to create a reproduction package for your thesis.
- We aim to publish outstanding theses at international conferences or journals.
- Expected workload (assuming 40 hours of work per week and 1 ECTS = 30 hours)
- Bachelor thesis + presentation: 10-12 weeks (12 + 3 ECTS)
- Master thesis + presentation: 24-26 weeks (25 + 5 ECTS)
- See also SoSy-Lab's instructions for students